Unlike most other networking technologies, wireless networks are subject to a number of external factors which can have a significant bearing on whether any proposed solution will address your business need. For this reason we will normally suggest a wireless survey as the first stage of any wireless project, in order to gather baseline information that can be used for design and quotation purposes.
Our surveys are carried out by one of our Cisco Certified Wireless Engineers using Netscout AirMagnet professional survey software and will review the following:
- Identify sources of Radio Frequency (RF) interference
- Locate RF coverage and Capacity/performance ‘dead spots’
- View areas that suffer from channel interference
- Inspect the physical and environmental conditions
- Provide Heat Maps of the expected wireless coverage
- Validate/recommend Access Point placements
- View Roaming Areas
- Verify coverage, capacity and performance requirements
- Review cabling, connectivity and mounting requirements
See also our Wireless Survey FAQ page
Once the survey is completed we will provide you with a report on the cabling and also recommendations for a wireless network to meet your coverage, usage and user density requirements.
In addition we will also provide a fixed price quotation for a Cisco wireless solution to meet your needs including the cabling and mounting of the wireless access points.
Optionally, for wireless applications where a high level of guest traffic is expected, for example, the retail and hospitality sectors, we can include optional costs to enable social media log-in for users, detailed user information/stats capture, the capability to email and market to users, and content filtering.