Using networks to drive business change in factories
The UK manufacturing sector continues to be an important engine for growth, but manufacturers need to innovate to stay competitive and seize every opportunity and competitive advantage they can find. Increasingly, such advantages come from digital technologies. We can help by giving you the network infrastructure you need to adopt these technologies in your business.
The Cisco Connected Factory solution is a portfolio of validated, proven architectures, capabilities, and market-leading technologies aimed at the Manufacturing sector. It is designed to help manufacturers:
- Rapidly and more securely integrate industrial automation and control with business systems
- Build one common, converged, rugged, plant-to-business network
- Improve operational costs and efficiency
- Find and fix problems faster to improve production up-time and equipment availability
- Improve security through control of network access by user and location with identity services
Cisco provides a wide range of plant infrastructure capabilities across networking, wireless, security, physical video, computing, and communications.
Cisco Connected Factory supports the network integration of manufacturing systems – converging sensors, machines, cells and zones. Factory Wireless supports asset tracking, AGV’s, wireless tooling, and mobile controls visibility. Factory Security provides improved security through granular control of plant network access by user, device, and location, and adds plant security for both digital and physical assets. Factory Energy Management provides real-time visibility into valuable energy use information by enabling intelligent IoE applications, such as analytic engines that communicate with machine sensors, to stream detailed operational data between the plants and higher-level systems.